Table of Contents

November 18, 2011

Chapter 35 -- All's Well That Ends Well


Lukas had come home from work just as his parents were carrying in his daughters. After learning that Edward had saved his daughter's lives at the cost of their powers, he sat in their room, pensively studying their still forms. They were alive, albeit unconscious and more than likely in severe pain from the DNA changing process, so Lukas let them sleep their pain away.


For the next three days, he rarely left their sides. Savannah would bring food into him, and a blanket once he fell asleep at night. During the day he'd read and read, and at night he skipped work, since the Don was probably in the same state as Zal and Quynh.


Early morning on the fourth day, he heard his daughter's finally start to stir. Quynh sat up, unsteadily as Zal wiped the sleep from her eyes.


Giving them time to adjust to the changes, he finished the page he was reading before answering their unasked questions. Zal, being spirited and rebellious didn't take the news as easy as he had hoped. Happy to be alive, but irked to have lost the powers she had been longing to have, she decided it was best to move out before she said something she didn't mean.

Quynh took everything in stride, amazed at the possibilities surrounding her father's potion. Being a genius, she formulated all the events in her head and realized what indeed the potion was. It was related to Necromancy, as it could "bring the dead to life" but it could also turn that which was inanimate to life as well. But those were thoughts for another day, she needed to see Edward.


After talking to Bea, Edward's mom, she found out that he was still unconscious. Instead of nervously waiting, she headed down to the equestrian center to spoil the horses up for adoption. Her favorite was Angel's Glory, who had made a special connection with her.


"Somehow I knew I'd find you here," a voice rang out behind her. Spinning around, she squeed in happiness that Edward was okay. Opening his arms for a hug, Edward pulled her in.


"You don't know how worried I was, knowing I could have killed you," he said, his voice shaking with the after tides of nervousness.


"I don't want to think about what happened," she said sullenly as she pulled away, "Judging by how my family looks at me now, it was bad. I'd rather not deal with it anymore."


"On a different note, however; I feel great, minus the aching, and you don't look half bad yourself," 


"If I was smart, I'd think you were coming on to me," he said, flashing her his sexiest smile.


"You might just be right," she said, stealing a kiss from him, "I've been wanting to do that for weeks now."


"Funny," he responded with a smirk while going down on one knee, "Because I've been wanting to do this for a while now, too."

Squealing with glee, she barely gave Edward enough time to slide the ring on her finger before attacking him with hugs and kisses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you wanted to know how the twins looked as YA vamps, here are the comparative pictures.



Also, Bea leaves her 5th or 6th child at the cemetary while she is pregnant with her 6th or 7th. Crazy woman.



So the twins were obviously not unconscious for three days, but that's how much younger Edward is than Quynh, and I didn't want to have an awkward YA/teen romance scene. Anywho, generation 3 is now in play :) Recap of the rules: Couple, Equestrian (Gift), Firefighter, Perfect Children, It's So You!

8 comments:

  1. SEVEN kids? Holy crap Bea. Giving Lukas a run for his money, eh? What's in the water in that town anyway?

    Quynh and Zal are SO beautiful! And my gosh, Edward <3. You breathe new life into the sexy vampire cliche. Loooove him. So happy you picked Quynh to be your heir. I'm so excited for her generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, they're ok :)

    I think Zal looked better as a vampire, but I like how Quynh looks as normal better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. Both of the twins are just beautiful! Especially Quynh. I never noticed before, but did she get Savannah's bright blue eyes? Also, any chance you could upload her? <3

    Lukas is such a sweet father. And the scene with Edward and Quynh was just so adorable. I'm not going to lie; I squealed a bit when I realized you were making her your heir. That just made my morning. I can't wait to see how their generation goes. Great update Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and way to go Bea! Six or seven kids?! She's sure been busy! =) (LOL, leaving her baby in the graveyard.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edward and Quynh are adorable.
    And I love Lukas' new hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, his long hair disappeared when he became an adult. It doesn't exist in CAS.

    I will upload the twins when I get home from work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you use MC's Stylist option, the hidden stylist hairs are there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love the twins, just whenever you get a chance. Thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete