Table of Contents

November 14, 2011

Chapter 34 -- Killing the One You Love


The doorbell rings.

 Who would be calling at this hour? Savannah thinks, Lukas is already at work and the girls at prom... well they can hold their horses while I put this Key Lime Pie away.


She isn't fast enough for the impatient nosferatu boy who let himself in even after ringing the bell.

"What do you think you're doing, just bursting into an old lady's house at this ungodly hour?" Savannah lectured, "Aren't you supposed to be wooing my grandbaby at the dance anyway? Or is your kind above such nonsense," she spits.

Taken aback by the elder's accusations, Edward took a moment to collect himself. Choosing to ignore her harsh words, he went directly to the point of his visit.

"Yes, I'm supposed to be at prom with Quynh, but we've been waiting for them for over 30 minutes now. Are they even close to being ready?"


"What do you mean are they ready? They've been ready since they got home from school, being excited for their birthday and all," Savannah replies, confused, "You guys picked up the girls an hour ago."

"Mrs. Sperie, I mean no offense, but if the girls were picked up already, then who picked them up?" Edward asks, frustrated with the old lady's confusion.


As she contemplates the boy's question, realization flashes through her. "Their mother," she whispers, "Of course, it's their YA birthday tonight,"

Before Edward can even ask who their mother is and why she'd want them, S rambles on, "When their father, Lukas was but a boy, he was obsessed with destruction. He had an imaginary friend named Peaches that he was seeking a potion to destroy."


 "Being a logical mastermind," she continued, "I studied his potion once it was almost complete. For a boy, or even a full blown scientist, what he was accomplishing was extremely complex. It had the ability to destroy life without explosions, wounds, or even illness. Terrified of its potential misuse, I reversed several of the ingredients, hoping to reverse it's outcome as well. When Lukas used it on his imaginary friend, my hopes came true as the breathing Peaches was born into this world."


"Quynh and Zal's mother and I have a complicated history. As personal protection for my family, I honed the potion to suit my needs if they ever came to light. It's the only defense against the Queen, or any vampire to be honest. I have never tested it, however; as I'm not sure how it will affect human lives. I'm not even sure how it will affect vampires. Just know that if you decide to use it, you have to be willing to sacrifice everything, and quite possibly your life."


"In trying to save Quynh, I might kill her?" he asked nervously.

"It's their only hope. When you're faced with certain death, even the smallest hope is enough to try for the one you love. And don't you be telling me that you don't love her. I've seen how you look at each other. Now go, you've wasted too much time!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Finding the Queen's lair was easy, pretending to be brave was not. Bursting into the inner core of the house, he raged at the Queen.

 
Not amused at the boy's antics, she smirked as she studied her fingernails.

 
"Come on!" he shouted, balling his fists, "Say something! You-you coward!"


"You insult your Queen and interrupt this ritual? Who do you think you are?"


"Edward von Hagen, a halfblood that despises your rule." he answered, gritting his teeth.


Smirking, the Queen voiced her thoughts, "In whatever case, you will make the perfect addition to this ritual. Surrender, and you will be spared unnecessary pain."

Feigning surrender, Edward whispered, "Forgive me for what I am about to do, if we both make it out of here alive. I love you."


Not catching his bluff, the Queen relaxed and ordered her son to subdue Edward.


Before Donovan could approach the young nosferatu, he raised the potion high above his head, threw it full force at the ground, and prepared himself for the worst.


And as the room filled with smoke, all that could be heard was screaming.

3 comments:

  1. D :

    DON'T YOU DARE KILL THEM OFF I WILL NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN.

    (... Please?)

    Ah Edward. Why you so adorkable?

    (Seriously. I love them. Don't kill them.)

    And Maddie's earned a place in my heart in the evil villains area. <3

    (Whyyyy?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let Quynh & Edward be alright...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH! I did not see that coming at all! Please don't kill Quynh... She's too pretty to die!

    Maddie, you need to update! I want to see what happens! <3

    ReplyDelete