Table of Contents

October 18, 2011

Chapter 27 -- Time Flies By When You're Glitching?


The family moves into their new abode on the other side of the mountain. It's ridiculously closer to work for Lukas, even though it's a football field or two from the old place. The traffic on the road into the city was getting to be annoying, but the kids' school bus would take even longer. It's hard to win in the sims universe.



Woohoo screenshots!



Yes, there are stairs. No the upstairs isn't done. Money is tight now. I have started the "It's So You" requirement even though its early. More fun this way :) Anywho, the house I based this on is found here.

My boyfriend's only comment on this house was that Tim's Daycare van ruins it all. lol. It truly is an eyesore.



So, where were we again? Oh yes, The family moved into their new home quite comfortably, although rather quickly...



...as it was the green twins' birthday! Yay for simultaneous birthday celebrations!



Lukas... I think you have your birthday suit mixed up with your underwear.



Carter starts to age up.



He gains the daredevil trait.



Kadance ages immediately thereafter.



She gains the Star Quality trait.



After the celebrations, Kadance cleans up while Carter tries to convince the babysitter to let him go outside and eat dirt. He is not convincing enough for Elmer. The rest of the family is on their way to see Lukas, Peaches, Denver, and Noel graduate.



"Stop the car!" Savannah shouts as she scrambles out of the passenger seat. She feels odd, and is afraid it's time for her to age up.



Realizing her fears are correct, she lets the process happen without an ounce of joy.



Even the scar didn't disappear, but she doesn't feel as old as she thought. She hobbles back to the car and their once again off to city hall.



Before he reaches the doors, Tim ages up as well.



The ceremony took forever to finish, as there were tons of kids in his graduating class. Once out, Lukas celebrates being free of the school system before heading home to spend some quality time with his kids.


However, his way is blocked by an old woman in his path. Smiling uneasily at her, he tries to squeeze by, but she grabs his arm.

"Have you seen my Gena?" she hoarsely whispers, "She hasn't been home since your brother's coming of age party... I thought she'd be with him, but he hadn't seen her either."

"Gena's missing?" he responded, genuinely concerned.

"Please, find her for me. My other children need her around, when I pass. I fear that time may be soon."

With an almost imperceptible nod, Lukas runs off, trying to figure out where she could be. I couldn't stand to lose Gena, I'd be as crushed as if someone were to kidnap Carter, Kadance...



...Qunh...



...or Quetzal. She's my best friend, and she'd do the same for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: This whole chapter took 2 sim days, even though the interactions should have taken hours. I had to age Carter and Kadance early, and all other ages were adjusted as if they were supposed to age up. Stupid glitch is finished. *knocks on wood* If you were too lazy to click on the names: according to babynames.com, Qunh means Night Blooming Flower in Vietnamese, and Quetzal (short for Quetzalxochitl) means Precious Flower or Queen. Fitting, as Quynh won't be able to be out in daytime and Quetzal so far looks like her mother, the Queen Nosferatu. :)

6 comments:

  1. Kandace is very pretty :)

    How do you pronounce Qyynh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quetzal is also a bird:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzal
    Very cool names! Your house looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her hair is also vibrant like that bird :) and thanks! I spent a lot of time on it.

    I meant to add in the pronunciations. Quynh is pronounced similar to Quinn. Kind of like "Gwin" as the Q is softer. Quetzal is Aztec, and is pronounced "ket-ZEL".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cadence and Carter are so cute! <3 And I love Quynh and Quetzel's names. They're just lovely. I do hope Gena's okay. She may have broken Lukas' heart but she deserves at least one last romp around with him. (That can cheer anyone up!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *love* your house Maddie! It's beautiful! I'm guessing you used the CFE cheat to attach the garage? I've never been brave enough to try it myself, but it sure makes the exterior of your house look awesome. Great job! (And I wish I could build like that. I'm so jealous!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't actually. The whole house is just one floor :) I used friezes on top for the different roof heights.

    ReplyDelete