Table of Contents

October 7, 2011

Chapter 23 -- Even Evil Can Feel Fear

It was going to be a day full of excitement.

Not only was it Denver and Noel's birthday, but it was the day Lukas was going to get his mother's revenge.

He waited until it was in the middle of the night before changing clothes and sneaking out the front door.


As he was leaving, he heard his mother whisper, "I love you, Lukas."

Turning around, he whispered, "I love you too," before making his way out.


He had memorized Maddie's schedule and spied on her enough to learn that this was her home. It was surprisingly not what he had expected. No dark foreboding lair, no vampiric themes at all really. Mustering the courage he prepared to pick the lock on the front door.


Before he even reached it, there she was, standing right in front of him


"Oh do come in Lukas. We have much to talk about," she sneered.


Following her into the house, Lukas suddenly felt scared for the first time in his entire life. Of course she would have known he would be coming for her. He had overlooked the silly fact that the more powerful of the nosferatu could read minds.


Before he had a chance to turn around and run, the Queen straightened up and a chill passed over the room.

Speaking slowly, but with power dripping from every syllable, she spoke,

"You will never remember this night."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short chapter, I know, but I really like where it's going! Lukas aged up with the ponytail hair... I wasn't originally planning on him having that longer hair but I liked it enough that I kept it, but without it tied back. I figured if he was sneaking around that he wouldn't need it in his face so I gave it back to him.

Also... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

3 comments:

  1. <3

    Yeah so I know its technically rape and all that jazz when vampires use their mind control on humans... but I can't blame Maddie/The Queen on this one. If I had the power I would probably do the same. Lukas is just that delicious. He makes me throw ethics out the window! (Okay anything will make me throw ethics out the window...)

    If Maddie really is going to be Lukas' second baby mama I just know the kid is goanna be smoking hot. JUST LOOK AT THE PARENTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see where this is going. Maddie is very intriguing. Great updates recently!

    ReplyDelete