Table of Contents

October 5, 2011

Chapter 21 -- Moving On


Lukas awoke that morning to the sound of a crying baby. Dragging himself out of bed, he made his way downstairs, suddenly eager to be a father.


 "Peaches!" he shouted in glee, bursting into her room. The sight of two cribs sitting where Peaches bed had been and the fact that she wasn't there was enough to tell Lukas that she was gone, but he made his way over to the note on the bedside table.


"Lukas," it started, "Things have always been rough between us. The fact that we now share parenthood over two children won't change that. I don't believe anything will. I had planned to take them with me, but as I was never young myself, I wouldn't yet be ready to understand the responsibilities of motherhood. Maybe in the future, but certainly not now. Leaving them with you and your family is the best option there is. S and Tim will be able to help you out in my absence; I've already talked to them about it, and they understand completely. I hope one day you will too."

"While I might be leaving, I do not wish to completely abandon our children. I would certainly love to see them grow and for them to know that I am their mother. On a different note, I would not be angry or wrong you in anyway if you someday find someone else. Just... remind them that I'll always be their mom and that I'll always love them."

"I look forward to celebrating Kadance and Carter's next birthday,
Peaches"



For a brief moment, emotions took over Lukas' mind. First confusion, then anger, sadness, before fading into a sense of relief. She was right, wasn't she? He had wanted to give his children the perfect family, but it would have been far from that. With no love between their parents, fighting would be a regularity. They would be scared and confused and probably turn out like himself. No, things were definitely better this way.


"Lukas, honey?" his mom softly said, leaving off the question they both knew she was really asking.



"I'm fine mom," he replied, "Things are better this way. I'm sure of it."



"I'm happy you feel that way," she said bringing him into a hug, "Dad and I are here for you too, you know."


As she leaves the room, Lukas decides its time to get to know his children.


Denver realizes babies aren't so bad.


That night, Lukas' birthday takes him by surprise.


Savannah comes in to celebrate but is not amused with Lukas' new outfit.


"Listen guys, I know I'm sexy and everything, but I'm trying to take care of my kids, can ya leave me alone for a bit?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: Generation 2 is officially in effect... rather it started last chapter technically. I decided I did not want to participate in deadbeat parents for personal reasons, and according to the forum's decision I can choose to opt out of rolling that from now on. I re-rolled and got "Change of Scenery", but I am also going to strive for "Perfect Children" just because I feel bad for deciding not to go through with the roll. Either way, I will for sure complete the scenery goal which is my 'actual' roll now.

Anywho. Peaches is gone, but not dead. I'm sure you'll all see her again, possibly for birthdays or something, idk yet. I'm super excited that Kadance and Carter are green! Idk who I want to be my heir yet, as there are 3 more kids to be born. What I know is that it WON'T be #3. I'm 80% sure on that. S/He isn't born yet or even on the way or anything, I just know who the mother will be. That's your only hint! Bahahaha!

Gen 2 Rolls reminder:
Single Parent
5 Children
Criminal(Evil)
Change of Scenery
Runs in the Family

Gen 3 Rolls:
Couple
3 Children
Adventurer
Firefighter
Perfect Children
It's So You!

I'm loving the rolls for gen 3... they seem so fun! Definitely will be busy, that's for sure. Let's just hope I can do both careers without messing up my game. :)

1 comment:

  1. Omgosh LUKAS. <3

    He is just so... So.... SO WOW! I've fallen in love with his eyes! I never realized how light coloured they were before.

    So excited to see what his children look like as toddlers. Just remember for the heir that odd coloured skin tends to never disappear. Joven inheriting his mother's tone was a total fluke. ALL of River Wren's descendents have been blue.

    ReplyDelete