Table of Contents

October 13, 2011

Chapter 26 -- Life's Little Surprises


What in the world have I gotten myself into?, Lukas thought as he peered in at the contents of the box.


Staring back up at him were two pairs of scintillating eyes belonging to two toddler nosferatu. Picking up the envelope taped to the side of the box, he read the letter inside.

Name them what you'd like, they're your children now. You will tell no one of where they came, and you will make sure no harm comes to them. I have taken it upon myself to use your family's investments to purchase a more suitable residence where you will raise your new daughters; the deed to the property is  inside this file. If you fail to do any of this, your closest will pay the price.


"Lukas? Who are these children and what are they doing on our doorstep?" Savannah asked, confused almost as much as her son.

"I have no idea," he responded, lost in a train of thought that couldn't seem to reach its destination.


 Each scooping a toddler up into their arms, S stared down at the little brunette in her arms. It was the exact same shade of brown as hers and Lukas'. And those eyes! They looked just like hers! Trying to put the pieces together, she casually asked her son what had happened the night his babies grew into toddlers.

Shooting her a confused look, Lukas answered, "We had a small party and then after everyone left I exercised and went to bed?"

Making sure to carefully hide her horror, Savannah dismissed the conversation and swore to herself to never tell a soul. Lukas was already battered enough, he didn't need to know he was raped. If the time came when the truth needed to come out, then that would be a different story, but for now it was best for him to stay in the dark.


"You're going to raise these girls, as your own, right?" she asked.

"Of course mom, I wouldn't leave them on the streets, are you crazy? Sure, they're baby vampresses, but if their mother hated them so much as to leave them on a random person's doorstep? They don't deserve that. We'll just tell people that their mother died giving birth, or make up something crazy like that."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: Short update because I'm happy my game is at least working, and I've left you all waiting in the dark about this. And because I completely lost progress on a house that was half done. I suck at saving. Ugh. Anywho, I hope to get back on my update schedule from last week. Yay!

Also, for those that read the spoiler convo between Cece and I... I decided for Lukas to keep both of the girls because they're SO CUTE!

5 comments:

  1. They really are! <3 Oh man I can't wait to see what you name them. They're just beautiful!

    ... I love how they're in a box yet look soooo happy to be there. xD Love these kids already.

    ... Poor Carter. Being the only son in a sea of estrogen. He's goanna have such a hard time in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that picture of Lukas' twins in the box is SO ADORABLE! SOOO ADORABLE!!! (I said it twice for emphasis. :D)

    I love how Lukas goes inside and his shirt comes off. Thank you for that. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable! I love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. well the shirt was really barely on, lol. i love lukas anyway, and the kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete