Table of Contents

October 6, 2011

Chapter 22 -- And the Truth Comes Out




Lukas gets a job at the Criminal Warehouse, his dream job since Noel had jokingly suggested it when they were kids. The pay isn't great, but he knows he has what it takes to get to the top.


Kadance and Carter have a small birthday party, aging up at the same time.


Peaches shows up as promised and spends time with her toddlers.


Also invited are Kenton, Noel's boyfriend, and Gena, a newly aged young adult. She shows up, finds out that Denver is hanging out with a friend and leaves to find him. 


She ends up finding him at Cassandra Dasher's house. Furious that he's hanging out with the teen bike, she returns home without letting him know she was there.


Meanwhile at the party... Kadance inherits mystery hair... which may be dyed at a later date.


Carter inherits Papa's hair color.

-----------------------------------------------------


S eventually finds out Lukas is a criminal. Instead of scolding him however, she asks how it's working out for him.

"I really like what I do. It's fun and I never know what'll happen next. Way better than a desk job if you ask me... I just wish the boss wasn't such a hard ass. It's like she singles me out every time something goes wrong and pushes the blame on me."

"Isn't there something you can do? What's her name?" S asks, worried.


"Maddie Sisco," he responded casually.

Feeling feint, S shakily whispered, "We need to talk."


Taking a seat on the sofa, S pats the spot next to her, indicating Lukas should take a seat.

"Have you ever wondered why you're different than your siblings?" she wonders out loud.

"From time to time. What does this have to do with my job?"

"It's a complicated story, but now you need to find out."

"Mom... What happened?"


"It started simple enough. Your father and I were fast friends; we'd hang out after work when he was employed by Steve's Complex, grab a few drinks, what have you. Eventually he suggested moving in together to help with bills and rent... everything was great. He quit his job and opened a daycare; we both quickly rose in our careers. One night after too much time at the bar, we hooked up and became friends with benefits. That is, until I found out I was pregnant. Always one to do the right thing, Tim asked for my hand in marriage so we could raise the baby together, as a normal family.


"The night of our platonic marriage, we went to celebrate. While he grabbed a drink from the bar, I made my way to the dance floor, still in my wedding dress. Not two seconds later, I was apprehended by a vampire, the Queen no less. You know her as Maddie Sisco. She accused me of stealing one of her mates and attacked me. As I was close to death, Tim hoisted me onto his shoulder and took me to the hospital.

"After an emergency C-Section, you were thus born. I was nursed back to health, with only this scar to show for it. Through the recovery process, your father and I fell in love, but you were forever damaged."


"Why didn't you ever tell me mom? I always thought I was different, but to know it was at the hands of the filthy nosferatu is a completely different situation."

"I know this makes you angry, but you need to understand, they are powerful so there's nothing you can do now. Just be good at your job... be evil at your job? Show them they didn't win and that will be enough for me."


"I can't promise anything mom."

"I know that sweetie."

-----------------------------------------------------------


Time found Lukas contemplating in his room, night after night. He had to do something... but what?

4 comments:

  1. Download Emerei's new "Vampire Hunter" mod and get even? : D

    Seriously YA! Lukas is soooo fine. Thank you so much for that last picture. I'm contemplating putting it as my new desktop background. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out this mod... haven't heard of it!

    And yes, I was thinking of all of you when I took that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I just looked that up. Although it is awesome, I couldn't stand to lose Lukas :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet hairy Lukas! He's so friggin' hawt.

    Anyways... I like that S had an opportunity to tell him about his past/birth; even if it was a little late. Also, seeing Peaches again was nice.

    ReplyDelete