Table of Contents

September 19, 2011

Chapter 19 -- Repercussions


The next morning was a school day, unfortunately for Lukas. With a headache the size of Jupiter, he left for school with his siblings. During class, no one said a word to each other as they all remembered the way Lukas had acted... except for Lukas himself, who's last memory had been Gena and Denver making out on the dance floor.


Coming home from class, Lukas got started on his homework right away as he wanted to get a work out in before practice.


When he was about halfway done, Peaches sat down next to him and sat there silently, looking at him with an inquisitive look on her face.


"What," Lukas snapped, obviously irked at her presence.

"I wanted to talk about last night," she replied softly, taking a different tone than normal.



"Look, I know we ditched you and left you home, but it's not our fault that you missed out on your only Prom. You had this coming. You're a cold-hearted bitch, and that's why no one likes you. How could you think, for even a mere second, that we wanted you to come with us?"


Taken aback by his abruptness, Peaches whispered "Nevermind." and went to her room to find solace in her easel.


Later that night, however, things took a turn for the worse. Lukas and Denver were constantly snapping at one another for the first time in their lives, and Peaches was hogging the bathroom for most of the evening, having found herself feeling ill.


The next day wasn't much better. Seeing that Denver was home for once, Lukas snagged a cab over to Gena's house.


"So. You and my brother," he stated.


"Yes," she sighed in response, "I know, I'm sorry we didn't tell you. I didn't want you to think you were losing me as a friend."


"You were afraid of losing friendship?" he harshly asked, "You never once thought it would break my heart?"


"B-break your heart?" she stammered uncomfortably, "I-I had no idea Lukas, I just thought we were best buds?"


"You lying sack of shit," he countered, "If you were a real friend, you would have told me from the beginning about Denv. You've hurt me twice, once when you so obviously told me I was only ever going to be your friend, and now this. I can't afford to go through any of this again."


Speechless, Gena watched Lukas start jogging home, with hurt in her heart and tears in her eyes. How could she have known? She had been obsessed with Denver since she first laid eyes on him.


Back at home, Peaches was still feeling ill, but was getting nervous as to what was the cause. A few hours later, however, her fears became real as her belly started to grow outward.

-----------------
Notes: This was nooooot the direction I wanted to go for Lukas, but you guys inspired me and it seemed so perfect!

5 comments:

  1. Goodness! I love the picture of Gena squeeing over Denver. So cute.

    I can't wait to see the Peaches and Lukas spawn... I'm also a little scared. Will he/she be evil?! Don't answer that; I want to be surprised. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of little Gena is ADORABLE. <3 I feel so sorry for Lukas.

    Woah Lukas and Peaches went that far? O_o Totally missed that. Note to self: Read and Pay Attention. I feel sorry for the baby to be perfectly honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't miss anything Cece... I rearranged a few things and part of the next chapter explains it, but didn't really think about how it would be completely out of the blue in this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! That is AWESOME! I really, really did not see that coming! I wonder how Lukas is going to react...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how Lukas will react to that one!

    ReplyDelete