Table of Contents

September 5, 2011

Chapter 17 -- Growth

Lukas spent the next few weeks training religiously. The JV team he was captain of was pretty pathetic, but he did his best to help the team get better. The coach let him run his own "captain's practice" once a week where he would dictate how the team would work out (and get to wear his swim trunks!). At the beginning, the other kids didn't show him a lot of respect.


Even though he was one of the more attractive kids, Lukas was still known as a freak due to his fits of insanity and neurotic attacks in the halls. Once he started proving to them that they could be a better team, they started, albeit slowly, to look up to him. Each practice they were running plays better, passing the ball with more and more ease and by the time their season opened up they actually had a slight chance at winning. For being inherently evil, Lukas was acting pretty weak by bringing out the best in people.


At home, things were getting just as worse as Sports Club was getting better. He and Peaches continuously snubbed each other, not even daring to be in the same room together. Tim and S were completely clueless as to the odd hatred between their son and his humanized doll.


They noticed Noel was starting to open up to the idea of friends outside of her family,


and that Denver wasn't around virtually at all anymore,


but when it came to the eldest kids, they didn't pay much attention.


Lukas knew as soon as he was of age, he'd be gone in a flash. His parents obviously didn't care if he was around or not and Noel and Denver were more of the family type.


Peaches on the other hand would also be farther away if he moved and that was reason enough of itself.


On days when he felt completely unwanted, he wouldn't even stop to relax his muscles while training. He had used some of his parents wealth to purchase some more equipment and set it up in the upstairs foyer. They didn't really even notice.


Denver would join in from time to time, but Noel had no interest and Peaches just thought it was utterly disgusting.


Deep down inside, he knew that all of this training was motivated by something completely separate from Abram and the team. It helped him take his mind off of Gena who he hadn't hung out with one-on-one since that night in her entryway. It was better this way, at least that's what he thought.


Denver was the one who was getting the most out of Lukas' predicament. With his brother completely engaged in training, he could venture over to Gena's and continue their secret relationship.


They both knew it would kill Lukas if he ever found out. He'd probably throw a neurotic fit and have a heart attack. When the teens were at school, they played it cool. Lukas would sit across from Gena at lunch and Denver would sit with Noel and try to get her to make a move on Kenton. Gena played her part perfectly, mostly because she really was best friends with Lukas. She didn't have to pretend at all. That is, until Prom was officially announced.


Noel was still worrying over how to ask Kenton and Lukas and Denver were both vying for the same girl even if one of them didn't know about it.


The next day after class, Lukas mustered the courage to ask Gena.

"Gena, I was wondering since we're best friends and all, if we should go to Prom together?" he stuttered out.


"Oh Lukey, Denv and I were just talking and we decided we should all go together! It would be much more fun that way don'tcha think?" she completely bulled, not expecting Lukas to ask at all.


"I guess that sounds like a good idea... as long as Peaches doesn't have to come. Have you told Noel yet?"

"No worries, just don't tell Peaches. And no, I was about to but you can if you'd like?"


Noel was currently in mid-conversation with Kenton Blossom.


"Did you hear the school's throwing a Prom this weekend?" Noel asked nervously.

"Yea, it sounds like a lot of fun! Do you know if there's a theme or not?"

"I haven't heard anything about a theme so I'm guessing not... Listen, I was wondering if maybe---"


"I'd love to go with you Noel," he said, pulling her into a hug while cutting her off, looking as happy as she was surprised, "That is if that was what you were going to ask me. I was going to ask you either way."

"Yes!" Noel bubbled, "I was so worried you'd say no or be weirded out cause we aren't really that great of friends or anything. I just think you're smart and that's really cool I think. And you're quiet, like me. I like quiet, it's nice and peaceful and...Oh I'm sorry! I'm rambling aren't I? I tend to do that sometimes when---"

"Shh," he soothed, cutting her off again, "I like you too Noel. You don't have to be nervous."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry for the abrupt cut off at the end there but I just wanted to get something up before you all thought I was done! School has been in session for the last two weeks for me already and between that and trying to set up a new world and building the stadium in the pic below this, I had no time to write. Now that I'm all set story-wise and school-wise,I'll be able to have regular updates now! :)


6 comments:

  1. Wow, cool stadium. I like. :)

    Great update! I didn't think the ending was that abrupt at all. It was a good cliff hanger for prom. I'm actually really starting to like evil Lukas. I feel bad for him, the way his parents ignore him. And that whole situation with Gena... What a bitch! She seems more malicious than Lukas does. I wish she'd just come out and tell him about her and Denver.

    I'm looking forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy muscles, Batman! Lukas has definitely been hitting the workouts hard, hasn't he??

    I can't wait to see how an insane/neurotic takes finding out his crush is two-timing him, with his BROTHER, no less. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who actually LIKES Gena? O_o I think she's an awesome, kick ass character. I respect anyone who can keep a game face for that long. I also really hope she ends up giving birth to at least one of Lukas' kids. Good genes, I'm guessing. Plus that would probably break her and Denver up and make her miserable. So everybody wins! (Or at least everybody but her, Denver, the baby, and Lukas...)

    I am such a fan for Lukas' abs... thanks for all those fanservice photos. They did not go unappreciated... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Gena.
    And that stadium looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About Lukas' abs... I use a custom skin which has them already to look more realistic. I've never made a sim become buff with it so I'm looking forwards to seeing how he'll look with moar muscles :)

    Also I'm happy you like Gena Cece, she's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Gena too... I like that all of your characters have flaws which makes them more realistic and likable (at least for me).

    And I echo your sentiment about school. I haven't been able to actually sit down and devote time to writing in a few days... instead I just mill around on the MTS forums. lol.

    Glad you got your update finished! I was wondering what was going to happen with Lukas.

    ReplyDelete